"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Condescending

28 April 2012

I am not sure why there are times when people, who don’t mean to be, sound down right antagonistic, while others don’t.  The week before I did Moab, I was slower than dirt on the treadmill and I just wasn’t feeling it.  I was in the locker room getting changed and this woman made a comment that I motivated her to keep going.  I am sure she didn’t mean it this way, but all I could hear was I didn’t want to let the fat chick out do me on the treadmill so I kept going. She went on to talk about half marathons and blah, blah, blah.  For whatever reason it stuck me wrong.  And I commented back about the fact I have already completed around 10 marathons at which point her jaw dropped! This week, on Wednesday, I wasn’t feeling it, but I went ahead and was working on my lower body weights and this older gentlemen who was obviously a weight lifter made a comment about keep up the good work or something like that.  For whatever reason I appreciated that comment.  I don’t know. 

I want to say this week was better than last! The schedule was pretty much the same, to a degree. 

Cardio
Weights
Monday
Treadmill
Swimming
Lower body
Tuesday
Treadmill
Spinning
Upper body
Wednesday
Treadmill
Swimming
Lower body
Thursday
Treadmill (outside and inside!!!!)
Upper body
Friday
Yoga
OFF!
Saturday
10 miles
Off!
Sunday
Off!!!!!
Off!




Last weekend my car crapped out again (same thing happened less than two months ago) so of course it went back to the garage… lucky for me the garage is less than three miles away so when it was time to pick up my car (again) I just worked it into my training session! I did half of my run on Thursday outside and the other half inside!  The bad thing is on my way to school less than two hours later I was zooming down the interstate and my tire shredded!  I was so greatful I got my amazing workout in otherwise I don’t think I would have been that calm!
 

Tomorrow is a rest day and I think my body is really looking forward to it! Next weekend I am hoping to be running a half marathon, but it is up to my sister to determine if she thinks I can handle it (I will try to push myself to hard)







~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment