"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Coach Charlie

This week of training has been going great! Yesterday morning Coach Charlie and I went for a very enjoyable early morning run (with a pace of 11:44). I have to say the best part of going out that early is no one can see what you are wearing (assuming there are other insane people) so you can go out in a green shirt and red pants! Sadly, my iPod crashed about half way into the run, but I had my Garmin and the birds were singing, so I was good. This morning Coach Charlie heard my alarm go off and he was on my bed staring at me with the attitude of ‘well mommy? Are you getting up?’ Sadly, today I was not. Last night Carin accidently stepped on my foot while I was on my back (my foot has issues anyway), I almost went through the roof! It hurt so bad. It is feeling better now, so I might try to take him out this afternoon. During lunch I will do my pre-weight cardio on the elliptical machine, just in case. Yes, Carin was very apologetic when she realized I was screaming because of her. San Diego is right around the corner, because of training issues, I plan on running 5 minutes out of every mile. I have 7 hours to complete the race, so I am not to worried. I plan on wearing my CW-X running tights under another pair of bottoms. I am not sure if I will wear my Nike running skirt with capris or if I will wear just regular capris or a SkirtSport running skirt. I might pack them all and decide the night before the race. Oh! Saturday I did the Incline again, I went all the way up and ran most of the way down the trail. I am still struggling on the way up, but I am getting better. I did notice that my blood sugar does spike after a good workout, but within about 20 minutes it drops at least 30 points. Yes, I will be speaking to the doctor about that tomorrow.

I think this was when I was getting started.
I love the Incline becuase of the view at the top, this was the view at the top on Saturday :(



Who in their right mind would do the Incline on a day like this? HEY! I think I see my car, maybe if I had waited valet would have brought it to me!!!!
This was my favorite picture!






No comments:

Post a Comment