"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Getting close

We are now within the two week window and I am sooooo excited! After hearing the news about lupus on Thursday I went to my local running store for some retail therapy, I spent way more than I should have, but I felt a little better!
I have told myself I can run one song out of every mile. I have to take it easy, my feet are still acting up and my knee isn’t the happiest joint right now, but it isn’t to bad. My doc told me if I have any hope of running my November race, I had BETTER take it easy during this one. I am worried about the whole hydration issue (I need to be careful that I don’t over hydrate, but I can’t afford to under hydrate either). The most girly concern I have right now is what to wear! I will wear my CW-X running tights, they make my legs feel so much better! But I can not go out in public with just them on my bottom half! While I was at the running store I picked up two skirts, a top, a pair of running socks (I only do long runs in toe socks), a two flashing lights (since Charlie loves waking me up so darn early, this just makes us that much more visible). One of the skirts was Moving Comfort (I think, could be wrong!), New Balance with “Colorado Running Company” written on the butt. So, now my choices are…
my Nike Carpi with Skirt


New Balance (might be to short for me to be happy in)

This kind of looks like the other skirt (except mine is brown)


SkirtSports (they don’t put drawstrings in their skirts, which does cause some issues),


or something else all together.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...there's really nothing like shopping to cleanse the mind and make one happy. Tehe! They are all cute girl! I have been looking around for a running skort, but can't find one that I like either. Let me know what you choose!!

    Was that the definite diagnosis? Lupus? Wow.

    ReplyDelete