"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Honesty

The past two weeks, once again, life has interfered with training. Two weeks ago was my last good training session outside. A few years ago I picked up a Garmin and I love it! 28 May, my hill training went right out the window. Last week I was sick, then kiddo locked my keys in the car (not intentionally), Thursday I got a gentle hill session in, but I couldn’t find my Garmin so I had to believe what my iPod was telling me (it was close according to mapmyrun.com). Saturday I did the Incline with no electronics (expect my phone, just in case), yesterday I did my soccer practice run with just my iPod. Today at work a mass email as sent out that someone had turned in a sports watch and the owner can claim it at the reception desk, jokingly I sent the front desk an email asking if it was a Garmin, then I strolled up there, I hadn’t chatted with her all day! I, again jokingly, asked her if it was a black Garmin. She pulled it out and believe it or not, it was my watch! Before I officially claimed it, I checked the history and confirmed it was in fact my watch. We all know Garmins are not cheap, so the fact that someone turned in a knowingly expensive watch really impresses me.
Oh, and my run today, I think I had my mid morning snack to late in the day morning. I had nothing for my run. I was supposed to do 5 miles, sadly I fought to pull off a 2 miler. I think I will chalk it up to being a gloomy day outside (always seem to have blah runs on gloomy days [might need to get miles in at the gym where the treadmill doesn’t face the window]). I was doing sprints and at a speed I should have had no problem maintaining for two minutes I could not get a good deep breath after the 3 round (might also be recovering from the yuck I had last week still).

No comments:

Post a Comment