"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Great workout; ready for the weekend! :)

Treadmill it was! I did my normal nice 10 minute warm-up. Then I did a mile at a comfortable pace, Mile #2 walk 1 minute/run (not jog) 1 minute, Mile #3 – back to my comfortable pace and every other tenth I would up it to a faster pace. Then my 5 minute cool down. Felt great!
After I got done getting changed I realized I was a little shaky so I checked my blood sugar, it was 140! I have never been that high. After 20 minutes I was down to the 120s, but I was shocked that it went that high. I think I will start checking before and after workouts for a while to see what is going on.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! It was kind of icky on Friday, don't blame you for the treadmill.

    I'm new to your blog. Do you have diabetes or just problems with hypoglycemia? My whole family is diabetic and I see what they go through!

    ReplyDelete