"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I run to clear my mind, not clutter it worse!

The reason I started running is to clear my mind and relax. Last night was Kiddo #2 soccer practice (by the way he scored one of the goals this weekend and I am sooooooo proud of him) so it was run time. I still hate, I mean love, those hills around the practice field (I think I did better this time than I have in the past). Instead of clearing my mind, I think it just got 10 times more cluttered. Luckily it has nothing to do with my kiddos. It is great when someone touches your life, it is not so great when years later you are still affected by that person and parts of you wants to be and parts of you want to move on. Well, I have 5 miles on the books today maybe I will have better luck.On the training/diet front… Yesterday I got both workouts in and feel great! I did a 1.5 mile warm-up and two rounds of circuit weight training (my muscles had no idea what I was doing to them). Then during soccer practice I did a very hilly “easy” 3.35 miles. The whole dieting gig – well, this weekend I was HORRIBLE! Between getting Japanese food on Saturday and the Mother’s Day brunch on Sunday my calories were shot, but that is ok. I am back on track now and I will get there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment