"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Finally Friday

This week I have been pretty good at getting my workouts in. Wednesday I didn’t make the second part of my workout, but I will be hitting the gymlet today for an easy workout. I am not exactly sure if I will hit the Elliptical or the treadmill, I guess I will figure that out once I get down there.
The Slim Fast thing is still going really well. I am really paying attention to what I am eating. I am not being fanatical about it, but I am keeping an eye on everything. They say to stay around 1200 calories; I think I am closer to 1500. I do also keep in consideration my activities for the day. If I am doing a longer/harder training session I will consume more calories.
Assuming the weather can hold up this week, I am going to try to take another trip up the Incline – I would like to make it all the way to the top this time. I don’t care how long it takes me, I just want to get up to the top for the view. Sunday I have an 8 miler on the books, fingers crossed!
Oh! And the 30 day challenge…
Stairs (going up once and coming down twice) – doing great!
Sodas – not a problem (still drink Canada Dry, is that counted as a sode?)
Starbucks – I am quite happy with my Grande!


OH! My Nike+ finally connected! My Mini is doing a mjor happy dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment