"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Monday, October 11, 2010

A Beauty Weekend

Believe it or not I took everyone’s advice and did not even look at my running shoes this weekend. I did however get my nails and hair done!
Saturday was Pawtober Fest 5K, I had planned on running it but instead I slept until 10 am! I got up, went and got my nails done, started on my hair (I color my own hair). While I was still putting the primary color in I get a call from my parents letting me know that they are back in town with my boys, but they are having car problems. They stopped to get something to eat so they don’t need my help for about an hour. Perfect! I finish with the first step, grab my sister and away we went (with our little portable battery charger). We get to where our parents and my children are, my dad hooks up the charger to the battery (I have an thing about electricity), and my mom starts the car with no issue. As good children, we follow my parents to their mechanic, just in case! We get there, my mom asks for help backing into a parking spot (which translates to ‘someone else back my car into the parking spot’), so I hop in and park. I shut off the car, get out and try to lock it, guess again! It is dead again! I vote it is the alternator or crap in the gas tank, but what do I know. After spending another few hours driving them everywhere they needed to go to get everything taken care of so they could leave the car with the mechanic I was finally able to go home!
Sunday, my sister and I were good children again and saved my parents $90 an hour for a plumber and replaced their kitchen faucet for them. Ok, when I got home I had to take a vicatin and then a flexural, but my mom is happy she loves her new (working) faucet!
Today I did 10 miles on the bike, I might go for a walk during soccer practice, but then again, I might not! Taking it slow!

1 comment:

  1. You can do such things as replace a faucet! You are handy; I wouldn't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete