"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Finished Week 4!!!!

I had a great ‘race report’ and ‘race review’ write up, but my computer ate it! I will try again!
I am going to see if I can find it, but if I can’t then I will retype the whole thing! I can say I PR’d (but then again, this was only my second 10K and it was a pretty flat course!) I will say, without a shadow of a doubt, this was an awesome race!
This entire weekend seemed to by my bad luck with electronics weekend. Saturday (at the race) my Nike+ sensor decided it didn’t now want to work (no big deal). Right before Mile 6 I looked down at my Garmin and saw a blank screen. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? When I started the race I had a 56% charge, which should have been fine! When I got home I plugged it in and it said I had a 34% charge, then why the hell did you die on me? Sunday, I got up, got to my long run start, again, my Nike+ sensor decided it didn’t want to work, my watch was fully charge and I was ready to go. Mile 9.something I iPod went nuts on me. So I finished off the remainder of my 13 miles with no music (for my long runs right now I run a song, walk a song). I finished my run, but I was a little miffed!
I have now completed a month of training; I completed 95% of the training miles. I only have 3 more months to go! Yes, I am overly excited!
I went to my pain and torture appointment on Friday and I told the doc that my shoulder blade has been pissy, so after my neck massage (ok, it isn’t a neck massage, he is trying to get my spine to loosen up and sometimes it does hurt!) I told me to roll on my side and started messing with my shoulder blade. As soon as he started on my shoulder he started making noises. You know, it is never a good thing when a PT (doc or therapist) make those types of sounds! I asked him if I had a really bad knot back there or something and he told me that my scapula is stuck! WHAT? He explained that he should be able to put his fingers under my scapula (he won’t use shoulder blade cause it isn’t the correct term!) but he can’t do it on that side. So he messed with it for a while. Luckily there was a fish tank within my line of sight otherwise I am sure I would have been in tears. That hurts, I know he was trying to be gentle, but ouch! Part of my would like an x-ray of my back just so I know what the hell is going on back there, but right about now I really don’t want to hear more bad medical news. I can only take one bad thing per year. The thing is, I can swim just fine. I can run fine, so I think ignorance is bliss right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment