"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oops!

I think I am going to get in some serious trouble when I go to PT today! Yesterday I did three miles on the elliptical machine and my shoulder ended up a little pissy, but nothing major. So I went for my weekly swim after work… I was ok until I was about half way done. Breathing to the right was really aggravating it (I alternate left only, right only, both), but did I listen? NOPE! I thought maybe I could stretch it out. I did try breaststroke, that lasted for all of three strokes – there was NO question about the aggravation level on that one! I got home, took Tylenol and put on a heating pad (thank you Therma Care!) ate dinner and called it a night. This morning I am still hurting so I took a look at what was on the books for the week.
On the books ************Planned *************might have to do
Monday – X training******3 + 1500y swim*********3 + 1500y swim
Tuesday – 3***************** 7 ************************Rest
Wednesday – 7 **************3 *************************3
Thursday – 3 ****************7 *************************7
Friday – 0 *******************0 *************************7
Saturday – 7 *****************3.1 (Pawtober Fest 5K) *****3.1
Sunday – 14 ******************14 ***********************14

We shall see!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your shoulder gets feeling better!!

    Wishing you "well" thoughts from AZ!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I hope your shoulder heals up soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete