"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It is official :(

Yesterday I cancelled my entry into the NYC Marathon. I know it was the right thing to do, but it still sucks. I keep having to remind myself it was for my own good. I am hoping doing only two weight baring cardio workouts a week will start showing an improvement by the end of July. I have to admit, I am seriously eyeballing the SkirtChaser at the end of August just for the fun of it, if I walk the entire way, that is ok! I am going to hold off as long as I can before I sign up for it, that way I will know how my feet and knees are feeling and whether or not I will be able to do it and not regret it.
I got two good workouts in yesterday, weight training at the gymlet after walking a mile (hey, that doesn’t count as one of the weight baring cardio workouts, I walked the entire time!) and then after work I hit the pool. My left deltoid was a little cranky after Sunday’s swim, but that is because I haven’t been in the pool in a long time. So yesterday I did 2,000 yards at a nice easy pace. I stayed within my daily points (not having to touch my weekly [that are all gone] or my activity points) and I wasn’t hungry.
My goal for today is a 45 minute walk/run and then yoga tonight. I have been trying to get to yoga for the past three weeks, I want to go!



1 comment:

  1. I can tell you are so bummed but it is for the best. Over the last year and a half, we've both pushed our bodies too hard and we've paid for it. You with your problems and me with several visits to a PT. I backed off my race schedule - only two big races (Idaho Springs 1/2 and Denver Full). I'm going to train smarter not harder. Looks like you're going to do the same.

    ReplyDelete