"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Weight Watchers

This week has been horrible when it comes to evening plans. I had planned on going to yoga on Tuesday, but mommy duties trumped yoga. Kiddo #2 had a makeup gymnastics session starting at 5:40, yoga started at 5:30, my sister was going to get Kiddo #2 and take him to gymnastics, she didn’t get out of work on time. SO, Kiddo #2 LOVES gymnastics and he is good at it, I had no intention of depriving him of it; gymnastics won out on that time slot!
Well last night I faced my demons and went to my first Weight Watchers meeting (Kiddo #2 in tow). They were very friendly I wasn’t too horrible embarrassed about getting on the scale, ok I did make Kiddo #2 turn around, it is one thing for a completely stranger to know my weight, it is a whole different matter my kid knowing how much I weigh (even though he makes it very clear that he loves me no matter what and that I am beautiful!). Before I went to the meeting I had this nice plan for my rewards, but then the leader made a comment that kind of stuck, she didn’t focus on how much she lost each week, but the fact of whether or not she lost. Ever week she lost she bought herself a pair of socks. I know what my goal weight is and I will eventually get there. I am also aware that I will have good weeks and bad weeks, not a huge deal; as long as I keep going in the right direction that I will be happy. Now Weight Watchers focusing on losing a percentage of you starting weight, which I will post when I hit the different milestones, but I am also tracking when I hit a certain percentage of weight lost to my goal weight. Assuming I use the sock idea (hey, a runner can never have to many pairs of socks) I will post pictures (of the socks) every week of weight loss!
My rewards system:
10% - new yoga mat

20% - new pair of jeans
30% - new shoes (not fitness, normal, everyday shoes)
40% - new running shirt from One More Mile
50% - bully button pierced

60 % - new swim bag (with everything!)
70 % - New running skirt
80% - new iPod
90% - new tattoo
100% - Hello! A new wardrobe!


2 comments:

  1. I like the first three goals, not sure about the running skirt. who knows what thin thighs might cause me to wear! I can't do the 50% because I'm finding an embarassing amount of loose skin - ew - and I don't want anything hanging off it. The rest of the stuff I already have, except the brand new wardrobe, but I do have a goal for getting a new/better paying job and/or getting to my goal weight: half spa day. 1 hour each massage, facial, pedi, mani.

    Thanks for sharing your story with me. I know it's not easy being in your spot. Good luck with the weight loss, running etc. And remember, if you get tired of the meetings, there's WW online, which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete