"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Today Starts Week 2!

Week 1 of Weight Watchers is over (weigh-in isn’t until tonight – I will update tomorrow) and it has been very educational so far. I would have to say the biggest thing that really caught my attention was the whole weekend eating. As of last night I had used all weekly points (35 per week), earned 45 activity points with 39 remaining, and 2 days I was under my points. My goal this week is to not have to hit my activity points to make it through the weekend. I was screwing around last night while eating my dessert and got on the scale, I should see a loss. Yes, I willing got on the scale with food in my hand (it was a Weight Watchers dessert!).
I did not make it to the gymlet yesterday, work got too busy, but I did make it to yoga last night and man did it feel good! For whatever reason my hands were having some issues, but I worked through it. I was so happy when we did the Pigeon pose (always makes my hips feel nice and stretched). But this brings me to one of my normal rants… I understand parents need to get their workouts done. I understand that sometimes child watch is not an option but people the gym is NOT a playground for your children. I saw two LITTLE boys screwing around on an elliptical machine, a treadmill and a weight machine while their mother was on a nearby treadmill oblivious of what her children were doing (she was participating in Treadmill Boot Camp). I have brought my kids to the gym while I worked out (and they couldn’t be in the child watch), I sat them down on the platform in front of the treadmills and told them to do their homework keeping an eye on them the entire time. I have also had them on the treadmills on either side of me (they were 9 and 10 at the time) and when the treadmills filled up, I asked them to move to the bikes in front of my treadmill.
As far as the weight loss = socks go… Every weight loss week I will get socks, every5 pounds I can get running socks (if I got running socks every weight loss week, I would go broke!).
Here is to a weight loss tonight!

1 comment:

  1. thumbs up - you can do it!

    gonna go all out like me? just lay it all out there for everyone?

    makes you accountable for your actions...?!?

    ReplyDelete