"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pre-Race Day

Here we are at the end of a very relaxing day. The monkeys were promised a trip to the beach today, but I know being in the sun wears me out so we kept the visit short, that and the waves were jerking my knee around every which direction. My feet are already hurting I didn't want my knee to be pissed at me too. After hanging out at the beach for a little while, we swung by the room got changed and went to find lunch. We found this great place just east of the Pacific Coast Highway – awesome food, I took the smart route and had some pasta with tomato sauce. After a nice drive back to town he returned to the hotel and I planted my happy butt on the bed until it was dinner time, our room has a kitchenette so I made spaghetti, again, with tomato sauce—kept it nice and simple. Tomorrow is the big day so I am hitting they hay early, I have my bagel, my banana and my hard boiled eggs ready to go for the morning. The alarm is set, I have two alarms set on my phone and the front desk has been called. Good night to all, and tomorrow I hope to see the finish line in 6:30 – my feet have been hurting for a while so I will be walking the majority of the race. If I come in to fast my sister will be mad at me!

1 comment:

  1. You're going to do fine! Your knee is feeling fine; it's just jitters! Take your time. Run your own race. And don't forget to "spank" yourself during the last "four" miles. ROTFLMAO! Wish I could be there to kick your butt along! I'll be looking for a race report tomorrow. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete