"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

STOP IT!

I made it downstairs for a nice workout on the elliptical machine. Three and a half miles in 45 minutes, nice and easy, not pushing it, enjoying my show while getting a nice cardio workout done. I had planned on making it a two workout day, but it didn’t seem to work out. I got off work, went and picked up the kiddos from summer camp. I got home, helped them make their lunches and then started to make dinner. I made a very tasty healthy dinner, after dinner I was so tired I decided to relax rest of the evening. I got 45 minutes in so I wasn’t to upset about not getting the walk in.
Today, I packed a running skirt and my tri club shirt to do my workout in during lunch. I get into the gymlet and see myself in the mirror and all I can think I YUCK! That is disgusting! I, by no means, try to deceive myself into thinking I look good, I know I am fat, I know I have weight I NEED to lose, but that response just floored me! Instead of seeing strong legs all I saw was cottage cheese! My gut… I was just picking myself apart more than I should have. There was absolutely no excuse for me to talk to myself that way.
I did manage to complete a good workout in spite of the derogatory comments. Again, taking it nice and easy, I ran a minute and walked 4 for 40 minutes and then I ran 1, walked 3 and ran (truly ran) the last minute for a total of 45 minutes coming in just under 3.45 miles. I felt good, I am ready for my nap now, but hey!
Tonight I am seriously going to try to get to yoga, a nice relaxing yoga session would be the best way to end today (I would really like to get my flexibility back).

No comments:

Post a Comment