"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Post Race Day 2

Post Race Day 2 was spent at SeaWorld. My muscles are still a little stiff after I have been sitting down for any period of time, but not to bad. The blisters on the bottom of my feet are healing quite nicely but the personal chafing is still reminding me that it is there! As I am typing this I am in one of my SkirtSports running skirts, so far this is the most comfortable thing I have been in, I think I am going to have to wear it (or my other one) when we go out today.


It is hard to believe our vacation is already half way over, but I am looking forward to getting home. I miss my puppies, I miss my bed, I can't say I miss the temps (it is WAY hotter in Colorado than it is here in California), I miss my mountains (I am looking forward to hitting the incline the weekend or two after I get back), I want to cook my own dinner! San Diego is a nice place to visit, but it is not my speed.


The day before yesterday while we were diving around I managed to take a scenic enough route that we ended up on the race course, my sister could not believe what we were running through and commented that I should blog about the different courses I have run (and rate them), after thinking about it for a little while I realized that was a great idea. So I will have a blog connect with this one rating the different races. Now, I realize I have run some amazing courses (Moab being my top scorer) so I am sure people won't necessarily agree with my ratings, but hey, they are my ratings and everyone is always more than welcome to put their two cents in!


Today – we plan on driving around some more and hitting the beach (hopefully it won't be to cool to really get in and play).





No comments:

Post a Comment