"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lose odds and ends

So I am off to San Diego the day after tomorrow. I have my running stuff packed and I have decided it will either be SkirtSports or Nike. The SkirtSports outfit will be the multi colored shirt I posted early with either the green skirt I posted or a pink skirt that looks similar. The way I have been feel lately, I might not want to get that dressed up! I might just go with my Nike capris with my nike running shirt. I will find out race day!
The hard decision I am currently facing… New York City Marathon. To run it this year, or postpone it until next? Part of me thinks wait until next because I have a marathon and a half I will be running in January and I am STILL waiting for my feet to really heal. I would start training for January in September. That would give my feet and knees time to get some much needed healing done. I will be doing the Tri for the Cure but that is only a 5K run, and I will be getting more than enough cross training in with the swimming and the biking. Plus I will be able to focus on losing weight and not getting my miles in.

No comments:

Post a Comment