"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Accountability

Wow! A second post in one day!
Today is my official Weight Watchers Weigh in day. I admit since the 6 - 16 Aug 10 I have eaten almost nothing but crap; brownies, chips, WAY too many sodas, and the list goes on. Last week I was in absolutely no shape to go to Weight Watchers. I had just returned to work after being on bed rest, I had to put my best friend down, I was still breaking into tears at the drop of a hat (I still well up but not that often), it was just not happening. I had told myself I would not go to Weight Watchers again this week, that way I will have a good week and a half under my belt. Well, the more I thought about the more I came to the conclusion that is BS. Life happens. The good, the bad and the ugly. It is truly that simple! Now with all that said, do I expect a weight loss today? Are you taking my happy pills and are completely out of your mind???? I am hoping for no more than a 2 pound gain, anything less than that, to will be a success!
The saying ‘when it rains, it pours,’ well it is pouring. To add insult to injury my normal stress reliever is not really possible right now. All I want to do is go for a nice long run and forget everything about the last two weeks (except for Freddie).

No comments:

Post a Comment