"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Starting a fresh week

This weekend was both exciting and taxing. Freddie moved in Friday night (check out Canine Corner for all those misadventures) he is so tiny, but so full of love. Charlie kind of likes the company, but is also kind of scared of him.
Saturday was full of Tae Kwon Do testing for the kiddo and yard work, I pushed it was to much. By the end of the day I was so pooped I enjoyed brownies, and chips and cheese and crackers and fresh fruit (at least something good made it in there.
Sunday – I required ALL my pain meds. After sleeping for a while I felt a little more human, but man was I hurting.
Today is the start of a new week! I have my SmartOnes for lunches, I will attempt to have salads for dinner. I won’t make it to Weight Watchers again this week because of awards night, but that gives me a week and a half to get back to where I should be for Weight Watchers. I also plan on taking Kiddo #1 out for a walk tonight. He starts cross country tomorrow! I also need to get some play time in with Charlie. Here is to the start of a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment