"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Not bad!

Strangely I am excited to report that all the excitement over the past two weeks I have managed to put on only 1.2 pounds. This is with NO exercising, not eating correctly until this past Monday, and dealing with all the stress. Yes, I am VERY proud of myself!
Last night was a lot of running around like a crazy person. I got off work, picked up kiddo from cross-country (yes, he enjoyed it more last night), swung by the Dicks to pick up some running socks (yes, the poor kid spent the last two days running in cotton socks, I am very ashamed of myself, bad running mommy, bad!), swung by the house let the babies out to play for 20 minutes, zoomed by weight watchers (only a 1.2 pound gain, very happy with that), flew into Subway (I got a veggie foot-long with only two triangles of cheese [every little bits helps]) then over to taekwondo for awards (kiddo is a Level 1 Green Belt – Yay kiddo!) and then sparring clinic (finally getting to eat dinner) finally pulling into the driveway at about 8:15, letting the babies out again and getting ready to call it a night! Charlie and Freddie are really starting to play together which helps tucker Freddie out, he managed to become an escape artist last night, but that is a whole different story!
Since get in any training seems to be VERY elusive right now (primarily due to my neck) I am still getting in calorie burning activities every where possible. I have been very good about parking in the very back of the parking lot, I go down the stairs (I need to start going back up the stairs, man they kick my butt); right now every little bit helps.
For better or worse because of the insanity of last night I did not pack my food for today, but that is ok! I grabbed a vanilla honey Greek yogurt and banana for breakfast, Weight Watchers crackers with a Babybel for morning snack, I have SmartOnes in the freezer at work (might grab a pudding when I go home to pull puppy duty), Weight Watchers Peanut Butter and Chip Delight bar (2 points) for my afternoon snack. I try to make sure I am prepared for ‘no time’ days so I can’t go, ‘Oh! I didn’t have time to make my food I will dive bomb and eat whatever I set my eyes on!’
This Weight Watchers week my goal is to continue to write everything I eat, continue parking in the very back of the parking lot, walk up the stairs at least once a day, continue working down the stairs every time. Luckily, Kiddo #2 starts soccer on Monday so I will have a better opportunity to get a nice (very hilly) walk/run in!

1 comment:

  1. Since you love being the competitive type, I lost 4.8. I know I have an advantage being able to run - sorry! Got in 5 miles tonight in 56:07. Again, sorry!

    ReplyDelete