"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Excited!

At the beginning of the August I started P90X, it lasted three whole days! Monday I did Chest and Back, plus Ab Ripper X. Ok, so I had to work from my knees, but that is ok. The abs workout - I wasn’t able to do the full sets, but again, that is ok. Tuesday I did Plyometrics, I did half high impact and the other half low impact. Wednesday was Shoulders and Arms, Ab Ripper X, I really needed a better weight set, but it felt good! Thursday – kiddo duty broke in, Friday – messed up my neck/shoulder, Sunday – my friend and companion ended up in the doggy ER, Monday she died. So, I chalked that week up to a trial start! Since I don’t have a whole heck of a lot of room to store equipment (not to mention kids who touch everything), getting more weights just isn’t in the books BUT the bands are. I took Kiddo #1 to Sports Authority right after school started to go window shopping for running shoes. Now I have to say, I am NOT a fan of Sports Authority, their customer service is severely lacking. When it comes to shopping my priorities are my running store, Dicks and then Sports Authority. Well, while we were walking around the store I found the bands! They had all sorts of resistances. So, a week or two later I returned and picked some up. My plan is to start P90X again this coming Monday, I am NOT posting before pictures – I am to kind to do that, but yes, the pictures will be retaken! I am going to take it a little on the easy side and listen to my body. I have managed to get my upcoming training schedule to morph around the P90X schedule (it is recommended not to run on plyo or leg days).
After everything I have learned over the past year, I plan on taking it at my pace. If any part of my body is not feeling well (I am not talking about ‘ouch! I worked that body part’ sore, I mean ‘ouch, something doesn’t feel right’) I will adjust my schedule.
On a good note, I have successfully got my eating headed in the right direction. My boys actually help me pack my lunch in the evenings and on the days I am not brining a salad, I get the 10th degree from those two. “Why aren’t we making a salad?” “Don’t you need your salad for lunch?” ‘No, babe, tomorrow is a SmartOnes day.’ “Oh, why not a salad?” ‘If I eat salads every day I will get board of them and then I won’t want to eat them.’ “Fine!” “Mom, this celery doesn’t look good, you might want something else for your snack.” ‘Ok!’ I am not sure what is going on with the celery these days, but after only a few days its limp and I can make them clap, not a good thing! I have been mixing up my snacks (sometimes carrots, sometimes celery, sometimes crackers). Lately I have been seriously enjoying yogurt parfaits, but when the temperature starts to drop I am looking forward to braking out the oatmeal! I have seen some really good ideas involving oatmeal!
Oh, yea! Please note the weight tracker up top, it has moved again! YAY!!!!! I am only .18 pounds (down 2.2 pounds) away from hitting my first goal! AHHHH! I am so excited! My first Weight Watchers goal is still a few pounds away, but I am focusing on my goals, not theirs!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for focusing on your goals! It's nice your boys help you make your lunches, you are setting a good example for them : )

    I will wear my running shoes on the bike, btw. I am still a newbie at this!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete