"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Where did they come from?

Happy Friday to all!
As a runner I know that running in cotton socks is not the most pleasant thing to do but I made my son do it for two days in a row at cross country. I finally took him to the sports store on Wednesday and bought him some running socks (all my are a little to girly) last night he came home and told me his feet were feeling a lot better and he was really starting to like cross country and can we go to the Olive Garden for the never ending pasta bowl now (yes, all in one breath). I understand that he is not used to expending that much energy and he is going to get HUNGRY! So I agreed. When we did finally get there I was very proud of him. He got his soup, ok I would have been happier had he have chosen the salad, but baby steps! Typically he would have had a number of refills, last night he only got one! The first bowl was whole wheat and then the second was angle hair. He didn’t eat all of his second bowl, so that right there is an improvement!

I am taking baby steps, too. Parking in the back of the parking lot, walking (more like jogging) down the stairs instead of using the elevator, walking up the stairs (at least once a day), measuring my food (for at least one, trying to more meals a day), packing my food for the day (not leaving it up to chance that either I won’t get hungry or when I do get hungry I won’t go for the crap). Tomorrow I am going to get up and hit MY trail and go for a run/walk I am not going to push it, I will be excited if I hit 5 miles. All I know is I haven’t been on my trail for way to long and I need to get out and get going on it. I would love to finish the run with a nice yoga class, but we will wait and see!
This morning I was getting dressed and it being jeans day I was trying to find my jeans to wear. I had completely forgot I had sent them downstairs to be washed (my sister does the laundry I do the dishes), and with everything going on this week, she hadn’t had a chance to get to them and I hadn’t asked her to get to them. I opened my bottom drawer where I store extra jeans (primarily the ones I don’t fit, but will again someday) and I pulled out a pair of Levis, thinking ok, so I will be able to get them up to my butt and that is about it. I put them on they go right past my butt all the way up! Ok, yea, like I will be able to do them up… ZIP! Button with no issue. Well shucks! I will be more than happy to accept this! I have no idea where the jeans came from, I don’t remember them, but all I know if they fit and they are comfy!

One last note, within the past couple of weeks I bought a box a Special K Granola cereal I mixed it in with plain Greek yogurt and it tastes great! The sweetness of the cereal with the bitterness of the yogurt hits the spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment