"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Don't worry about your weight right now"

So I went to my neck/back follow-up and the doctor and I agree that I am about 80 – 90% better. I have to go back again next week and if I am not 100% I will have to start pain and torture. He actually told me no stay away from the scale for a while, because I can’t be as active as I want to be and to protect my stomach from the meds I need to have food in it. With that advice out there, I might add, I don’t need brownies or chips in my stomach to protect it and I can park at the very back of the park lot and even that little walk will help.
Like others around here, I love reading Iowa Girl Eats and my breakfast of late has been a yogurt parfait. This morning it was ¼ cup of cottage cheese, 6 blackberries, 3 strawberries and vanilla honey Greek yogurt. If I actually get my butt in gear at night I will throw it in the freezer and YUM! I also had a banana and a tall iced non-fat, decaf latte. A grand total of 6 Weight Watchers points. For lunch I packed a Kitchen Sink Salad: mixed greens, scallions, tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese and I can’t remember what else! Salad dressing? Hmmm, might not use any, if I need some I have an Asian something or another in the fridge at work.
I hope to return to my lunch time workout in less than two months, but we shall see. Freddie is only 7 weeks today, so it might be a while. I am hoping to attempt to take Charlie out for a walk this evening after my sister gets home. If he pulls to hard I will have to take the walk alone (I do not need him making my neck/back worse). Tomorrow night is Kiddo #1’s awards night so I am not sure if I will be able to get anything done then. One small step at a time.
OH! I forgot, last Wednesday my running buddy’s running group (I know confusing) had a talk with a chiropractor, I was able to sweet talk my way in and at the end I had a chance for him to work on my foot (the same one that has been hurting since the end of last August), he tugged and pulled and pushed and OUCH! BUT when I got home Charlie was able to bump my foot and I didn’t go through the roof! I am not saying it was all better but it was less sensitive. When all hell slows down I will be scheduling an appointment with this man to see what else he can fix! Ok, he didn’t fix my foot but he did vastly improve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment