"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Friday, May 20, 2011

1 Year

On 20 May 2010 I found out that my primary doc suspected I have lupus.  I was reading over my initial blog Lupus and it is interesting to remember what I was going through then vs. what is going on now.  It has been a very emotional ride, I won’t lie.  There are times I get so made I storm down to my sister’s area and start screaming at her, there are other times I just lie in bed and cry.  Most importantly during races I hold my head up knowing that the fact I am even out there shows just how strong I have become. 



~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

1 comment: