"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Race #6 Weekend!

Yes, yes, yes, I had a half marathon last weekend and I have another race this weekend. To make it even more interesting not only do I have another race this weekend two hours after the start I have to be at the church so my boys can receive their First Communion! I signed up for this race in February, I didn’t find out about communion until last month.  If I thought the race would interfere with this event I would forgo the race.  Luckily my parents will bring my boys to the church and I will probably be screeching into the parking lot seconds before it starts!
Garden of the Gods tomorrow!  Lots of hills! My legs are fine from last weekend, my goal is to keep it under a 14:00 pace (I know that is slow, but I am really bad at hills so I plan on taking it easy).  Not sure about the attire yet, but I still have plenty of time to figure that out.  As soon as I finish the race, my sister and I will be off to the car and to the church.  Lots of pictures will be taken of course!
Sunday – Mother’s Day! Now, I might be a mom but Mother’s Day does not apply to me.  It is about my mom.  My family is very matriarchal!  Don’t get me wrong, I am very grateful to my mother, I have no idea what I would do without her.  We are having a picnic at her house and all the boys will be coming over! Hey, the puppies want to see their Grandma too, you know!

To all the mom’s out there (yes, if you have fur kids you are a mom!!!!), I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day!



~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment