"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Friday, May 27, 2011

To Race or Not To Race, That is the Question!

In a hair over two weeks I have a 10-miler on the books, but I am not sure.  It is a very hilly course, and my knee is still not happy. I can run on the treadmill with no issues.  The question is do I take the risk? I would lose $25, but that isn’t really a big deal.  I have a 10K scheduled for the following weekend that is part of a series (I really want to do the whole series).  I see my new rheumy next Friday and I am sure telling him my knee is hurting but I am running a hilly race won't be the best way to win him over. 

This race was a ‘sure, why not!’ so I wouldn’t be completely heart broken by not doing it, I can cheer on everyone!  I think I will need to talk to the coach tomorrow and see what she says




~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment