"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Time is flying!

I am really confused where this year is going. I don’t know why but the past few years have seemed to fly by. It is neither a good thing nor a bad thing, it is just odd!  May came in with a running start, literally! I only have two races this month and I am already half way done!  I will be done with all my races for the month this weekend.
June, July and August will be busy months, but all in a good way.  June I have a century (might have to down grade to a metric century, but we will see how I am doing later in the month), and then two running races (10-miler and 10K).  July I have a 10K set in stone, with a probable 4-miler and a possible sprint tri. August will be the really fun (and busy) month! I have four races covering two weekends!  I get to start the month off with a 10-miler on a Saturday followed by a sprint triathlon on Sunday (my sister couldn’t help but laugh when I acted like it was perfect normal to have a set up like that [not intentional!]) then at the end of the month I have a triathlon weekend! J  Saturday is an Olympic tri and Sunday is a sprint tri (yes, the race actually has a “Crazy Back-to-Back [individual entry for those racing both Olympic and Sprint races]”). September I only have two races… A half marathon Labor Day weekend and a Half Ironman the following weekend. No, I am not taking the half marathon to seriously; I will enjoy the long run (kind of like what I did this past weekend).  October is a 10K and a full marathon.  Busy, busy, busy.  November I recover, wait! I have a race on ThanksgivingJ.  Only a few of these “races” are actually races, most of them I am using as training runs.




~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment