"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

 Last week after getting back from Fort Collins I had a certified letter postcard on my door.  I put it in my car and forgot about it until yesterday.  I figured I would swing by the post office on my way home from work, I stopped in had a good joke with the mail person and she gave me my letter, it was from my rheumy’s office.  Ok, must be a bill.  I got to my car opened it up to read…

Excuse me? No reason why, nothing just not going to treat you anymore.  I went home and took some pain pills (my shoulder is hurting something fierce). While laying on my bed (allegedly calling everyone mommy) I googled her and found…
VITALS Comments
Apr 7, 2011


THis is one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. She never looked up from her computer, typed the entire time I was in the room, and gave me an extremely poor and depressing outlook for my diagnosis. When I went to another rheumatologist I could not believe how positive and uplifting he was. He gave me hope that I could manage my disease. I would NEVER refer anyone to this doctor or this practice.

View rating details

Feb 20, 2011

EXCELLENT STATE-OF-THE-ART CARE; WONDERFUL PERSON

I could not have asked for better rheumatoid arthritis care than I have received from Megan McNeil. She is very intelligent and follows state-of-the-art protocols. In addition, her manner is courteous and warm. I would not change doctors-- I have the best care in the world with Dr. MacNeil.

View rating details

Nov 23, 2010

VERY BAD EXPERIENCE

I saw Dr MacNeil and it was a bad experience. The Dr had already made up her mind before listening to my story. She typed continuously in her computer and didn't look at me during that time. She didn't show any emotion or caring toward me and my problem. She snapped at me and my husband when she diagnosed me as having Fibromyalgia and told us "It's a real disease" - which we knew. She never smiled the entire time. I let her know that I'd not be coming back to see her and provided constructive critism, but what I received was a certified letter stating that she would not longer see me and that I needed to find a new doctor to provide me care. It was a strange letter, but I guess we were in agreement that this relationship wasn't going to work.

View rating details

Jun 7, 2009

AMAZED

The other reviewers seem to have seen a very different Dr, than my experience has been! My experiences were a Dr. that didn't even look up from her laptop while talking to me. Was so eager to take an exact time frame, that even when called out of the exam room by another Dr. came back with only a couple minutes left for me & didn't change, in spite of being out of the room much of my appointments. Did not take the symptoms & side effects seriously on meds that were not working after almost a year. Treated me like I was overly dramatic, had zero bedside manner, and gave me the feeling she didn't think I was worth the effort. As a result I felt I was getting worse, finally after being treated with NO compassion & NOT being listened to, or changed on my regime once again, I left for another Dr. & practice that has validated my concerns, gotten me on an agressive treatment & I am now doing better than the year plus I was seeing her.

Good news is, this morning I called one of the docs on her list (who just so happens to be in the same building as my normal doc) and I have an appointment with him in less than a month.  The office staff is a whole lot nicer and I think this will be a good move.  I am not sure about Dr. MacNeil though!





~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment