"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

3 Weeks Down!

Last week ended with me getting 66% of my miles done. Luckily, I am at the point of, life happens! Saturday, I hit my favorite trail towards the end of what I normally run, ran north for a few miles and then came back. Sunday I started a lot further north thought I was going to die on the way up and finally found my grove on the way back. I figured I would give the whole Gatorade G series a chance. I had my G1 before the run and my stomach was going insane, I guess now would be a good time to mention we had Taco Bell on Saturday night (I NEEDED a burrito). I am 99% sure it was the Taco Bell that was ripping up my stomach. I have a few more G1s so I will be trying it again this weekend (without having Taco Bell). The G2, to me, is normal Gatorade (at least in taste). The G3, that one will take some getting used to! Again, I am giving them a chance and if they don’t work, oh well! I am very loyal to my Sharkies during my long runs, I cannot do Gu (YUCK!). I personally like the kid’s Sharkies the best, but I will take either.
This week has started off on the right foot. I got a nice easy 3 miles in on the elliptical machine during lunch (hitting 80 miles so far this month), then during Cuervo’s soccer practice I hit the pool for a nice easy 30 minute swim (1500 yards done). Because of time limitations I cannot try to push myself harder/longer than I should at this point in the game. Last night I couldn’t help but let my mind wonder to 2012 and my Ironman. I am in the pre-pre-training and I am grateful I can start this early. I have always been a swimmer, but with the time I have I get fine tune everything and work on speed (obviously right now I am going very slow, but then again I don’t want to piss off my shoulder/neck). The bike, well, I will be trying to get as many spinning classes as possible while I can’t ride the roads (once it snows the sand keeps me away from the streets and right now being in that position for any period of time is taking to many risks), but when I can get back out there I have been checking out nice hilly routes; hills are my down fall (both running and on the bike).
Tomorrow night is another weigh in, and dare I say it, I am feeling pretty good. Right now, if I lose weight great, but it is not my consuming focus. My consuming focus is my race in AHHH! 100 days! How did that happen? Tomorrow I will be in the double digit countdown!
Well, today I have PT (hopefully it won’t hurt to much) and then (assuming PT doesn’t kick my butt) I am planning (oh, no not that dreaded word) do to my mid-week long run tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Love it! Love it! If you maintain your attitude and keep your course the weight will fall off like a dress on prom night! You may not want to stick with the burrito as part of your nutrition strategy, might make for a bad prom date! Remember, slow and steady wins the race and you are on the perfect path! Way to go! An inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete