"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Adjustments…

As a single mom of two special needs kids, I have to say, I MUST stay flexible! Marathon training is no different!
Sunday I got my 10 miles in (I got to hit my favorite trail and my old Nikes did not let me down). After Saturday’s run I decided I would pass on the P90X workout (Kenpo) for the time being. Once my running legs return to me I might consider adding it back in. Wednesdays are pretty hectic, so I really can’t do my mid-week long run on that day, so that has to be moved. This week running my schedule looks like:
Monday – cross (4 miles)
Tuesday – 3 miles (0)
Wednesday – 5 miles (4 miles)
Thursday – 3 miles (3 miles)
Friday – Rest (rest)
Saturday – 5 miles (5.5 miles [the route I take is about 5.56 miles)
Sunday – 11 miles (11 miles)
I already hit the treadmill today and I am thinking if I am going to get miles in on Mondays I will hit the elliptical machine instead of the treadmill. Next week is a recovery week (surprisingly) for both P90X AND marathon training so I will be hitting play on Saturday and enjoying YogaX, but that is next week!
The P90X training schedule this week is:
Monday – Chest and Back, plus Ab Ripper X (Chest and Back)
Tuesday – Plyometrics (YogaX)
Wednesday – Shoulders and Arms, Ab Ripper X (Shoulders and Arms)
Thursday – YogaX (Plyometrics)
Friday – Legs and Back, Ab Ripper X (Legs and Back)
Saturday – Kenpo X (rest or stretch)
Sunday – Rest or X Stretch (rest)
I have to shift my schedule around until the end of October when soccer season has to end. Which of course is the entire first half of training! Excitingly I will be done with this round of P90X by the end of November.
All in all I am happy with how Week 1 turned out. 1 week down, 17 to go! I CAN’T WAIT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment