"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

“Let’s find something fun to do!”

I had a physical therapy appointment yesterday and I went through my normal hand bike, and wall work and neck massage, stuff with the bands… then my PT uttered the dreaded words “Let’s find something fun to do!” Those are not words you want to come out of a PT’s mouth! He had me on a ball throwing a weighted ball in the air. The other PT thought it was funny that I was throwing every direction except straight up. Then I was told to put my hands on a balance board and do shoulder pushup (all the work is in the shoulder instead of the arms) and then on to the slanted trampoline to throw the weighted ball at that (hit myself in the face once). He had me doing a few other things but next time I hear him say those words, I am outta there! When I got back to work my arms were shaking so bad I was having a hard time controlling my mouse!
An old army buddy (geeze that makes me sound old) was in town on business and I had a chance to meet up with him last night for dinner. After getting out of work, picking up kiddos, taking older one back to school to pick up his homework, dropping them off with my sister, I ran out of time to get any miles in. Since this is my step back week I don’t have to many miles on the books for this weekend, so I had to slide everything back a day. Today and Friday will be 3-milers (both on the elliptical machine because of the move in schedule) tomorrow will be a 6-miler on the treadmill.
Today is also Weight Watcher day! Because of the weight loss last week I got some Halloween Betty Boop toe socks! They have a big selection at Wal-mart so here’s to getting a new pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment