"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Getting there!

Good news is I got a run in yesterday afternoon, bad news is my run was cut short. I was on the treadmill settling into my pace and I get a text message from my sister (who was kind enough to pick my boys up) saying “please hurry”. While running I replied and asked what was going on (if she needed me home right then and there, she would have said ‘come home now’), I find out that Jose has a MAJOR project due today (which I knew about) and he had NOTHING on it. For the past week I kept asking him what he needs to get this project done. What can I do to help? “We are working on it in class, blah, blah, blah.” I did 3 miles (half of the planned miles) did a quick cool down and went home. Grabbed a handful of Triscuits, loaded everyone in the car and headed to the library (via Starbucks, of course!) For the next two hours Cuervo played in the kid section, I was on my computer, my sister kept finding books she wanted to read and Jose was doing his research (no, I was not going to let him use the computer for all the information). We left a whole 13 minutes before the library closed. I was hungry, poor Cuervo hadn’t had dinner (this is 9pm) and my sister was famished (hadn’t really had lunch). Oh, and I am sure Jose was hungry too, but didn’t dare whine about it. My sister told me to pull into McDonalds so she could get two spicy chicken sandwiches, Cuervo got a hamburger happy meal with apple slices (kid can’t stand fries). We then hit Wendy’s and I got a baked spud (think that might work better than a Taco Bell burrito?) and home we went. Don’t worry, Jose got to eat dinner (I am not that mean of a mommy even when I am pissed). Jose made himself some mac and cheese with hot dogs and veggies. Cuervo finally was in bed asleep by about 9:45 and Jose was asleep by 10:30.
Today is a new day, it is weigh in day, I couldn’t make up my mind if a) I was going to do 3 or 4 miles and b) if I was going to try to get it done during lunch or after work. Well, during lunch won out because I was going cross eyed at work, when I got down there I set the treadmill for 3 miles (I was a little frustrated because my nike+ sensor was not in my bag) but 2.2 miles in or so I felt great and set it to 4 miles. I did intervals and felt like I got an amazing run in! I was dripping sweat and breathing hard and aaaaaaa!
Like I said, tonight is weigh in. Cuervo has soccer practice tonight, not sure what I am going to do with Jose (not sure I will make my sister sit on him or if I will drag him to the WW meeting).
OH! 1.74 miles until I hit 90 this month! I got an email from my dad tell me I had better not try to get 100 this month!

2 comments:

  1. YAY for Dad's!

    Awesome job on the run!

    Dripping sweat workouts ----- the very best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way tp go! On a great run and on the nurtition choice! LOL Keep going!

    ReplyDelete