"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Oops!

Last night was my Weight Watchers meeting and, well, I had a 0.4 gain. At first I was very upset, and then I thought back to the weekend… Less than half a pound? I can live with that! My sister pointed out it was probably a VERY good thing that I was getting my workouts in. This week, I will be better BUT be able to look back and realize where I slipped makes it a lot easier to hit play. At first I was ferious! I am running and I am doing P90X and what happens? I put on weight! Friday I had Chinese food (I don’t do well with high sodium levels), Saturday – French fries (at the amusement park) and Red Robin (I did get a salad), Sunday – etouffee, Monday – Mexican; hmmmm why did I put on weight? That is ok, it was a minor setback and this too shall pass!
When I woke up today I was struggling. I still managed to get up and get to work, I also managed to hit the stairs instead of the elevator all day AND I got my 3 miles in. My 3 miles felt pretty good, I was very slow, but I didn’t want to push it. I wanted to enjoy it!
Tonight YogaX! I am still undecided it I like that one or not. I am sure my abs are grateful that Ab RipperX is not on the schedule. I am up to 20 reps on most, 15 on a few and 40 mason twists. Tomorrow – no running, but I have legs and back (plus physical therapy). Saturday I have a 5 miler, this time I will start earlier, I will eat something before I head out AND I will have water with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment