"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Rubin hold the meat

Last night was an insane night! My older son had a cross country meet and his grade was supposed to start at 4:00 pm, which I have to admit made me a little sad (I don’t get off until 4). I went flying out of work cussing up a storm the entire way since I had NO idea where I was going. I finally get there, and after circling around the parking lot a few times a found a spot! Then I had to figure out where all the kids were! After a nice stroll I not only found them, I also found out that they were running behind! YAY! I get to see my son run. An hour and a half after they were supposed to start. I am very proud of how he did on such a hilly course. As we were leaving he made a comment about hating hills, I told him the reason he feels that way is because he sucks at them, and quite frankly, I hate hills too! So we will start working hills together!
While I was at the meet, I had to call my sister so she could pick up my younger money and bring him to soccer. Being a single mom with two kids in two different activities can be VERY difficult at times! He did make it to practice, he was a few minutes late, but hey, he made it!
After Tyler’s meet we went zooming down the interstate, I WAS going to my Wight Watchers meeting and I WAS going to get weighed! I was to close to my goal not to go! We made it, OK, we were a little late, but we made it! I got on the scale and I could help but “YIPPEE!!!!!” and hop off the scale. Ladies and gentlemen, not only do I get my yoga mat, I get another pair of running socks! I have now lost 10.6 pounds! I have 8.56 pounds until I hit MY next goal (yes, Weight Watchers sets their goals, but I am working off of my goals). After the meeting was over, Kiddo #1 and I headed home (Kiddo #2 and my sister were still at soccer) and I popped in my Day 3 of P90X and away I went.
Knowing I have very weak shoulders (not to mention my neck/shoulder issue) I set up my lightest band and hit play. I did 15 reps of the majority of the exercises, the bicep work I moved up to my 50 pound band, the straight arm lifts I had to get my cheap, I have no idea what weight, band. My goal is Week 3 to be able to use my 30 pound band for those. Once again, I only did 10 reps during the abs. I know next week I will be ready to move up to 15. I realize I will not get the same results as others but starting with a low number of reps, but I am working this program for me!
After that we went to dinner and I just HAD to have a Rubin (without the meat)!!!!! I enjoyed every last bite of it! Today, is elliptical machine (or maybe the bike) and P90X Yoga!
OH! I put in three miles yesterday on the treadmill in my new Asics, I wasn’t as lucky as I had been with my Mizunos. I will give them one more chance before I kick them to the curb (OK, I will wear them as regular street shoes).
Looking back through my blog, according to Weight Watchers my next reward is a new pair of jeans!


No comments:

Post a Comment