"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Friday, September 10, 2010

YogaX

Yesterday I got a nice and easy run in during lunch. But the chore was still to come. The hour and a half yogaX is not very schedule friendly workout. For good or for bad, since Cuervo is not feeling well the doc said NO strenuous activities for the remainder of the week; so no gymnastics, no soccer. Jose’s taekwondo schedule is pretty flexible (he can go whenever he wants during the week). So, we figured we would go home, I would hit play and the boys could help me! Cuervo started off in the backyard on puppy duty, then he came in to participate! It was so much easier this week, I think I only had to hit pause twice due to child issues. I had no major issues in the moving sequences, not to mention they felt great! I had a kiddo sitting on my bed telling me what they were doing, even with the TV turned all the way up, I cannot always hear what is being said. There were a few times I would hear “your arm isn’t high enough” or “no, no, that is not how you do it” I had to explain that there were some moves I just could not do the way they were doing it and I was modifying so I can get close to what I need to do.
This morning my neck is feeling great! I am sure that won’t last past lunch through (I have to go to PT again today). Tonight is back and legs, tomorrow 5 miles and kenpo, Sunday 10 miles! Let the weekend begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment