"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day

Before I headed out on my first training run of marathon training I started working on a post (I had to charge my watch) but after getting back I realized there were more important things that I would rather post.
Like I said, Day 1 of marathon training is complete, well my mileage is done, but the day is far from over. The run was a little of the difficult side for a few reasons: I waited to late in the morning to head out, it was a little toasty; I should have brought water with me; I need to work on hills; and I need to strengthen my feet (one of them cramped up, but that is an easy fix). Oh, yea! And eating something before I head out would have been a good idea too!
Day 1 of marathon training also just so happens to be Day 1, Week 2 of P90X. Friday – Sunday had to get shuffled around a little, but I got all my workouts in! Friday I was going to get my workout in before going to PT, well, that got changed. A friend asked me to go with her to the Humane Society to see if there was a puppy there for her. Of course I went, I got back just in time to get to PT, afterward I was in no condition to do P90X; they beat me up some fierce! Saturday as soon as we got back from Elitch Gardens I did my leg and back workout – all I can say is LOVE IT! I know, that sounds strange, I would have to say my favorite workout is the back and legs. Sunday was Kenpo, luckily, Jose is in Taekwondo, poor kid had to keep coming and explaining the different moves. I can definitely say I had a good sweat going by the time I finished.
Due to the insanity of the upcoming week I had to move mileage around a little, but my 26 miles for this week will be completed by Sunday.

The plan on I am working on, Monday is a cross training day, Wednesday is the midweek “long” run, Friday is off, Saturday is a pseudo long run which just so happens to be half the distance of Sunday (which is exactly what I needed). Tuesday and Thursday are also run days but they increase from 3 miles to 5 (I think) miles over the weeks. Because of P90X, I have to shift things around a little. I was reading that you shouldn't run on plyo or leg days, all that means is I have Tuesday's run to Monday. This week is a little more complicated due to everything that is going on... On Wednesday we have: PT, cross country meet, soccer practice and Weight Watchers (ok, I can go to a meeting on a different day).
Mileage According to the plan for this week (plan modification):
Monday – cross training (5 miles) – completed 5.6 miles
Tuesday – 3 miles (cross training)
Wednesday – 5 miles (3 miles)
Thursday – 3 miles (3 miles – elliptical)
Friday – rest (rest)
Saturday – 5 miles (5 miles)
Sunday – 10 miles (10 miles)

On a completely unrated matter as a cyclist nothing pisses me off more than seeing people on bikes who are under the impression they too are cyclists. If you are on the road you MUST follow the laws. There is a reason most drives hate us and it is because of those who think they own the whole damn road. Even my parents tell me on a regular basis that I have no business ride on the roads. I have to tell them time and time again that a true cyclist not only knows that laws of the road, but follows them. You do not ride multiple across, you do not run red lights, etc.

1 comment:

  1. you are a machine! Holy, that schedule makes me tired! WAY TO GO! Looking forward to following your progress, this type of schedule is going to have you in mean shape real quick!

    ReplyDelete