"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Modify, modify, modify!

Happy hump day to all! Thank God August is over! This entire year has been on the rough side, but I think August has taken the cake so far. But, this is a new month and everything will be better!
Yesterday I went to my PT appointment, I have to say, my doc is HOT! But that is neither here nor there. He poked and prodded and OUCH! My nerves and muscles are all knotted and stuck together! He was trying to break apart the nerves (or whatever) and I kept seeing spots and talk about a headache! He gave me stretches and I go back on Friday!
On the P90X front… As I was leaving work yesterday, I was heading down the stairs (I try to use them as often as possible) out of the blue my right knee started SCREAMING at me! Very strange. I got home, I still popped in my workout video (plyometrics) and during the warm up we were doing lunges, my knee made it very clear that we won’t be doing to many lunges. Ok, so I modified it. I kept it 95% low impact, my heart rate still got up there, but not as high as I would have liked it to. This morning my knee is fine. I don’t know! If my body starts talking I WILL listen. I am planning on hitting the treadmill today (in my new Asics) for another easy 3 miler, worst case I walk the whole thing. Actually, really worst case scenario I will get on the treadmill and my knee will let me know that this is not happening. Tonight is Day 3 of P90X and I am feel good, ok, fine, my abs are sore, my arms are sore but it feels amazing!
Tonight is Weight Watchers night. Since I am planning on hitting the treadmill during lunch, I will not have to do my run during soccer practice, so I get to go to MY meeting! I am still hoping for a pound or two loss, so here’s to hoping!
I think it is time to hit the 30 Day Challenge again!
  1. Sodas out (ok, I had one this morning)
  2. Complete atleast 90% of weekly training mileage (marathon training starts this coming Monday)
  3. Miss no more than two P90X workouts
Oh! And August brought a 1 pound loss! (Hey, after that month, I am excited that it isn't an increase!)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for listening to your body!

    Seriously, my PT doc is HOT, too, but I would never tell my hubby that, lol!

    Congrats on the pound lost, every pound counts : )

    Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. listen all the time, otherwise it will talk louder which is never good! isnt progress awesome, way to go! Why cant I have a hot doc?!

    ReplyDelete