"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

And another bites the dust!

I realize I had planned on hitting the elliptical machine twice this week due to the schedule adjustment, but when I got down to the gymlet yesterday I wanted to run! Not only did I want to run, I wanted to do intervals! So that is exactly what I did for three miles and enjoyed every step of it. Today is a six milers, which will not only be done on a treadmill it will be done on a treadmill in the gymlet (hey, very few people go there and it is nice and quiet!).
Last night was my weekly Weight Watchers weigh-in and I lost another pound (which is fabulous since I am retaining water right now!). I was a tenth of a pound away from a Weight Watcher’s goal, but that is ok, there is always next week!
I have an appointment with a personal trainer on Friday. Last year I signed up for I don’t remember how many training sessions and didn’t use all of them, I got a phone call from my gym and was told if I am interested they can reinstated my last training session. Of course I am interested! I explained to the trainer (the guy who called) about the injuries and my neck/back issue and the PT doc says I need to strengthen those muscles and the trainer said we can definitely work on that. Hey, why not! I am not really one to work with a trainer, but getting some ideas on how to strengthen that area I am all for it!
OH! Lately I have been having VitaTops for breakfast. LOVE THEM! They are only 100 calories and talk about tasty! I have found them at King Soopers (Kroger) and Costco so far. Give them a try!

2 comments:

  1. Okay - those look yummy. Really for breakfast!!?? :) Sounds too good to be true [glad it's not]. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on a roll! Way to go! I am sure the trainer will keep you moving in the right direction, dont let him/her steer you off the great course that you are on! Cheers

    ReplyDelete