"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

shoes!

A few weeks ago a local running store had a HUGE tent sale, which of course I went to! I picked up a pair of Mizunos for $35 and I LOVE them! I went about a few days later to get new bottles for my fuel belt and guess what! They still had some shoes left over from the tent sale and I found a pair of Asics, well, they didn't workout so well, they cost a whopping $30 (they are great gym shoes, but they suck for running). Last night I had to go back, yet again! Charlie ate the lids off the bottles I just bought. We walk up and there were still shoes out there. I looked through and found another pair of Asics, men's this time (I need the width) they felt amazing, got on the treadmill for a little while, still felt great. The sales guy said they are the Asics version of the Mizuno I bought.

This morning was my short run of the weekend and I got up before the butt crack of dawn strapped on my new shoes and out I went. First off, it was only a five-miler; second, if they started causing to many problems I could call my sister and she could bring me another pair of shoes (I was on the streets). They felt great during my warm-up. When I started running my feet were almost purring as much as they do in my Mizunos.

I completed my five and a half miles, got home, everyone was still asleep (that included the dogs) took my shoes off and my feet still felt pretty good.

Tomorrow I have a 10-miler, I will be hitting the trail with my old Nikes, they will probably have two more long runs (tomorrow included) before they are put into retirement. They have done me proud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment