"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The start of a new week

I know, Wednesday is the start of a new week? Since when? My Weight Watchers weigh ins are on Wednesday so for all intents and purposes today is the start of the week! This past week has been a little crazy, but felt great! I have completed all my P90X workouts so far, I am back running, and my eating has been pretty good. I feel as if I am coming alive again!
Jose and Cuervo (is that better than Kiddo #1 and #2??) are getting used to me coming in, heading straight upstairs and hitting play. They will actually sneak in from time to time to what Tony is doing. They love watching Ab Ripper X because of the comments I make!
This past weekend we spent two days at an amusement park in Denver, I was a little misbehaved, but not too bad considering where I was! My PT doc should be happy with me, the only thing I was on/in was the wave pool (the water wasn’t too deep and I wasn’t in there much during the waves) and the lazy man river (or whatever they want to call it). I let my boys get on whatever rides they wanted and I sat and waited for them. They kept asking me to go on rides with them and I told I can’t! My neck is a little off today, but not too horrible, but I am sure the doc will fix that when I see him this morning!
I know I said I wouldn’t run on plyo days, but the more I thought about it the more I realized I would not be able to get my miles in today, so I hit the elliptical machine yesterday during lunch and did my miles. I was dripping sweat by the time I got off the machine! Yes, I took a shower before returning to work. Today I will be zooming from work to Jose’s cross country meet, picking up Cuervo, dropping him at soccer, flying over to Weight Watchers, back to pick up Cuervo, then home to do P90X, luckily my sister will be home and making dinner. I will eat and then I will crash!

Weekly scheduled miles: 3 miles (hey, this is only day 2 of week 1 of training)
Weekly completed miles: 15.02

30 Day Challenge:
Sodas out – I went to an amusement park twice this past weekend and thanks to the help of my sister I was able to maintain the no sodas, we had some lemon aid, but no sodas!
Completed at least 90% of training mileage – Since I have only had to complete 3 miles last week I am currently over 200% of what is scheduled so far!
Miss no more than two P90X workouts – I did have to shift them a little, but so far I have not missed any!

No comments:

Post a Comment