"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

ABCs

A~Age: 26 – just ask my boys!
B~ Bed Size: Queen, but I really need a dog sized bed!

C~Chore you hate: laundry

D~Dogs: 2 – Charlie (great dane/lab) and Freddie (boxer) – both sleep on my bed with me, hence the dog sized bed!

E~Essential Start your Day Item:

F~Favorite Color: purple!
G~Gold or Silver: silver (or platinum)
H~Height: 5’8
I~Instruments you play: flute, sax, violin, cello, piano, give me an interment and a week and I can play it.
J~Job Title: Quality Assurance Analyst
K~Kids: 4 boys! Ok, fine 2 two-legged boys and 2 four-legged boys
L~Live: The beautiful state of Colorado!

M~Mom’s Name: Mom, Your majesty, Mommy (when I use that one she KNOWS I want something [or I did something!]
N~Nicknames: Sammie, kid, kid-kid, cutie, lady…

O~Overnight Hospital Stays: 5 – 2 child births, 2 pregnancy issues, 1 MAJOR eye infection
P~Pet Peeve: people who do not keep their word, liars, rude people, dishonest people…

Q~Quote from a Movie: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." "Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."

R~Right or Left Handed: Right
S~Siblings: one – the best big sister in the entire world

T~Time you wake up: the time I get up and the time I wake up are two totally different things! During the week I get up around 5:30 am, I wake up at about 4:00 pm. The weekends, I am awake before I get up!
U~Underwear: Yes
V~Vegetable you Dislike: spaghetti squash (YUCK!)
W~What Makes You Late: My kids!
X~X-rays You’ve had Done: What haven’t I had x-rayed?
Y~Yummy Food you Make: Spaghetti (I will even make the noodles from time to time), Mexican cornbread, chili… you know, when I actually decide to cook (not just throw something together) I am pretty damn good cook!
Z~Zoo Animal Favorite: I am actually not a fan of the zoo, it just seems to cruel to me! My favorite animal is a turtle.

1 comment:

  1. P - I love. people who do not keep their word, liars, rude people, dishonest people..
    so
    with
    you
    on
    that.

    ReplyDelete