"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

another step in the right direction

Here we are approaching the end of the 30 day challenge, all I can say is I completed one of the four items! I am not to upset about it for the simple fact I am back up ad moving! I have put in more miles in the past month than I have in a while and I am feeling great! I am training with the Boulder Running Company Women’s FIT Team, I am enjoying my second week in.

Week 2

Miles Scheduled

Miles Completed

Comments

Monday

3 – 3.5

3.5

Tuesday

3 – 3.5

3.5

Wednesday

45 – 60 min cross

Thursday

4

Friday

45 – 60 min cross

Saturday

5 – 6

St. Patrick’s 5K

Sunday

Rest

The one challenge I have been able to stick to is the tall Starbucks. I have not gone back for seconds, I have not tried the ‘just one won’t hurt’. I get my one tall (and not on all days either) and call it good!

As far as the water goes some days I am really good, others, not so much. I do drink water every day, I just need to keep working on that one. Writing down everything I eat, I really need to work on that. I also need to work on my night time meals. During the day I am great! At night, yea, no! 30 day shred? I really sucked at that one.

Before my run I wasn’t feeling right. I have been fighting a headache for a few days now and then I got paperwork in the mail to re-evaluate child support, again! I get to go through this almost every year. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do until I got downstairs. I was torn between the treadmill (you can get a really good workout on that sucker!) or a nice easy relaxed run on the treadmill. Either way, I knew I was going to get a session in because I always feel better afterwards! Once I got down stairs I decided I would go ahead and get on the treadmill. I decided I would push my endurance a smidge. I ran 3 minutes at a 12 min mile and then walked 1 minute for the first mile. I was feeling pretty good. Second mile I did 1 minute at my 12 min pace, then a minute at a 10 min pace and then a minute at the 12 min pace and then walked a minute. Third mile was 4 minutes running and 1 minute walking. The last half mile was running! I know I can go longer between walk breaks, but I want to work back up to it. I do not want to get sidelined because of another damn injury or a flare up. I was very happy that I went down and got my run in.

Yesterday I did my run in my new Brooks Infiniti Capri and one of my new Brooks shirts. I have to say, I love my Nike, but the way the Brooks shirts feel… J The pants were comfortable too. OH! And my new running bra! I got that one at my favorite running store (Colorado Running Company), love it! It is comfortable and I don’t knock myself out when I am running in it! That was the second run I did in it (I washed it between wears) and that thing is comfortable!

Here is to another step in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment