"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just to tired

For weeks now I have been tired. I go to bed early, wake up at a reasonable time and I am tired. I go to bed early and sleep in, I am tired! I have just been every tired for a while (I think part if it is I am still trying to recover from finals week [yes, two+ weeks ago]). Yesterday I took a rest day, I was to tired to really do anything. I brought all my stuff in again today hoping to actually do something with it. Even though I am so tired I get up and hit the gymlet. I had planned to do anywhere between 3.5 – 4 miles, if I didn’t make it that high, not a big deal, at least I made it down there and did something. I got on the treadmill, started off with a couple of minutes of trying to get organized (probably going at a speedy 2.0). Then I actually started, making the last few adjustments I spent a minute at 3.5. Then I started on a 4 run, 1 walk set up. After a few rounds of that I messed with my speed in during the run. Before I really knew it I was finishing 4 miles! I am still tired, but I am more of a refreshed tired now.

1 comment: