"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Finals week is almost over!

As I keep posting and whining about, this is finals week, oh and parent/teacher conferences! I will be the first to admit my eating since about Friday has been anything but good. I made it to the gym yesterday (not the gymlet, the real live actual gym) and managed to get a VERY enjoyable 4 mile run in before the conferences. Then it was off to Jose’s conference and even though he has a low GPA it is a lot higher than it was last quarter and things are seriously going in the right direction, finally! Then it was off to Weight Watchers, I wasn’t expecting much but I was hoping for no more than a tiny gain. I got on the scale and TA DA! A 1.2 pound loss which meant I got my 5 pound sticker!!!!! J Since I have returned to Weight Watchers I have lost more than 5 pounds. I still have quite a ways to go, but I am very proud of my 5 pounds, it is a very big deal! Right after Weight Watchers was Cuervo’s meeting. Poor little guy had to do a PowerPoint presentation and he was so nervous. I stopped him a few times to remind him to breath! I made sure I took off my tech writing hat and putting on my mommy hat (otherwise I would have tried to proof read his presentation and he would NOT want that!). His grades did slip in a few areas, but this quarter he has had to deal with some stressful situations but all in all he got good grades, more importantly he is learning to deal with issues that are out of his control.

Tonight is my final presentation. Hopefully the computer will stop crashing long enough for me to finish the last few things for it. The damn thing is driving me nuts! This weekend I have a few things to finish up and then I am done for two weeks. I realize there is a light at the end of this tunnel, but I have a hard time seeing it at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment