"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

When Irish Eyes are Smilin’

Have you noticed how in a lot of cases St. Patrick’s Day is no longer a day, but more of a month? I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, I just think it is entertaining! After much research I have found out that I am, in fact, half Irish/half Scottish. Ok, to be really and truly accurate I am I am half Australian/half American (my ‘mum’ is an Aussie and my dad is an American). My sister and I have actually gotten very interested in where our ancestors came from on our dad’s side we were able to track back to exactly when that side came to the US from Ireland (it was the late 1800s). Our mom’s side, well, that took a little more work but first we did not come from criminals (I was a little disappointed in that one) but that side took a more roundabout way of getting here! What does this have to do with anything? Nothing, really besides the fact I find that type of stuff interesting!


Last night by the time I was leaving class I was going cross eyed so I went home to check on poor Freddie instead of going to the gym. Poor Freddie is fine, he is acting as if nothing had happened! Today I have another Monday workout. Since I didn’t get my miles in yesterday I will be getting my ride in during lunch (still on the stationary bike, to much sand on the roads still) and then I will head north for my run. Yes, I could leave work and run my miles around the office (or even on the treadmill) or I could hit the Santa Fe Trail and not just put in miles, but actually really and truly enjoy my run! That’s a hard decision, isn’t it!!!!

Tonight is also Weight Watchers night, yay! I am going for 2.4 pounds! Here is to a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment