"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sore

My weigh in last night didn’t quiet go as well as planned, I put on .2 pounds. At first I was a little let down but then I started thinking. I had been weighing in first thing in the morning; no food, no water, no nothing for 8+ hours prior to being weighed in. Yesterday I ate my normal breakfast, lunch and snacks. I went for a run, I consumed a significant amount of water. So a .2 pound gain? I can live with that. Next week, however will be different!

With that said and done I woke up this morning and my upper body was sore! I laid in bed smiling. Ok, so I have planned on hitting the bike during lunch but I didn’t feel like it. So I did some good upper body weights. I felt great! After work, I made it for my run. Styling my new Preppy Pink Running Capri from Runningskirts.com I selected a point on my favorite trail and headed north and then came back. I realized I wasn’t pushing as much as I could, but I felt good. I was a little slower than I was on Monday (I think I was tired at first), but I was out there and enjoying everything.

Today is a 3.5 – 4 mile run; sadly I have class tonight so I have to hit the treadmill for this run during lunch. I guess I can’t get all my miles outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment