"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mismatched shoes, no towel...

For the most part over the past week I had been really good on the training and eating front. I was pretty excited to go to my Weight Watcher’s meeting last night. Once again, I had a 2.4 pound loss goal set when I walked in.

Wednesday started off kind of sluggish. I knew I was not going to be able to get my workout in until after work, but that meant I would have close to two hours of swimming if I wanted! On the books was 45 – 60 minutes of cross training. Well, my running stuff was in the laundry (to include my workout bras) so getting on the bike was out the window and quite frankly a nice swim sounded so good! So, the pool it was!

Week 2

Miles Scheduled

Miles Completed

Comments

Monday

3 – 3.5

3.5

Tuesday

3 – 3.5

3.5

Wednesday

45 – 60 min cross

40 Minutes

Thursday

4

Friday

45 – 60 min cross

Saturday

5 – 6

St. Patrick’s 5K

Sunday

Rest

I have to say when it comes to workouts this week, things have been a little backwards. Monday was wear mismatched shoes and yesterday was go swimming without a towel! And, no, not having a towel did not stop me! To make matters even more entertaining the guy in the lane next to me, I guess, decided I needed tri swimming practice and hit me every time we swam by me. If it were the guy in the same lane as me, I could understand but not the a$$ hole in the lane next to me! I love Tyr swimsuits, but their goggle suck! Mine kept leaking. But hey, I did a mile in 40 minutes even with all those issues, so I am not to unhappy (that was the first mile I have swam in a while).

After my swim had fun getting dressed while soaking wet, I pulled on some running pants and a t-shirt and headed over to Weight Watchers. I made sure I got the lead (she is so sweet) and found out that she, too, will be doing Tri for the Cure this summer. It is her first triathlon, I am so excited for her! Oh, yea, my weight. Well, I didn’t lose the 2.4 I had hoped for but I did lose 1.4 so I am happy!

Because of the 5K on Saturday I need to move some sessions around. I figured today’s 4-miler will be the 5K (I am sure I can get in an extra .9 on Saturday!), so today I think I will hit the weights (so Friday’s session moves to today). The 6-miler will either need to be tomorrow after work OR on Sunday. Either way I will be able to hit the trails, which is always nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment