"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Monday, March 28, 2011

“You're So Vain” - Carly Simon

Ok, not really, self conscious, absolutely, vain, not so much! But I will get to that shortly!


Friday I got off work early and I had every intention to take my new outfit out for a bike ride but I had two problems… 1) It is a little (very) windy out and 2) I couldn’t get into my garage where my bike has been hanging out (literally) of late. So I played with the puppies and shared my lunch with them and waited for my sister to come home so we could go to the movies. She finally made it home (my boys went up to Denver with my parents) and off we went. We saw Sucker Punch talk about a waste of money! The previews made it look a lot better than it actually was. After the movie had to go to a Red Box and rent a good movie to make me feel better. Case 39 awesome movie!!!! But I love psycho thrillers!

Saturday morning I got up (more willing than usual) and headed off to Garden of the Gods to me up with the BRC FIT team. I love hills, I love hills, I love hills! (I figure if I keep telling myself that I will eventually believe it!). In all actuality it was a good run, I was sucking wind coming up some of the steeper hills, but it was still enjoyable. Afterwards I was a great little sister and fur kid mom and stopped and picked up breakfast, I got my sister lox and bagels and the puppies got doggy bagels. After getting cleaned up off we went. “You’re so vain” I wear sunscreen (100 spf) when I go out because of the stupid lupus crap. But it is still affecting my face and part of it is looking all cratered and then I get the rash and well, I can’t stand it. I try to cover it with makeup but it is obvious that I have painted my face on and yuck! My sister came up with a brilliant idea of going to one of the stores that have makeup counters and seeing what they can do to help. We ended up in Macy’s (I love their tights) at the Shiseido counter. The nice lady used face cleaner (no burning), and then moisturize and blah, blah, blah. Next thing I know, my face is no longer bright red, the craters (which aren’t really cratered into my skin, it just looks like it) are gone and WOW! (I am not really big about posting pictures of me online, but here I am! I have not felt that good in a very long time! When I washed it off that night I did not need a chisel to get it off! The face wash (again, no burning) made it come right off!

Sunday, when I got up IT HAD SNOWED! And it was icy so there went my plans for Sunday morning, so I rolled over told the puppies to shut up and go back to sleep and tried to get more sleep. They listen as well as my two legged children do! So we continued my Criminal Minds marathon! Finally My sister and I were up and moving, we started our grocery shopping, stopped and got lunch, visited Lynne from On the Other End of the Leash to pick up my winnings! For the record my puppies were trying to figure out the point of an empty cookie jar! My boys fought over who got the t-shirt only to find out it didn’t fit either one of them!!!! When I lose more weight it will actually fit me! SUCKERS! After getting home Sammie’s beauty shop opened and I did my hair and then my little assistant helped me do my sister’s hair (coloring).


Good news, I got all my miles (plus some) in last week. And my lower body didn’t start feeling the hills until I got out of bed yesterday, my hips were NOT happy!!!! (bit in a good way). Spring break for my monkeys is over and it is back to the grind stone. I have one more week until I return to school.



Here is to another wonderful week! J

No comments:

Post a Comment