"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Never, never, never, never give up – Winston Churchill


Months ago Run Faster Mommy was having a giveaway of Allied Running Medal Hangers. Sadly, I didn’t win. BUT I had a chance to start my shopping list; hey I need to put my medals somewhere! I had hoped to get one for my birthday, but that didn’t happen. So in January I decided I would go ahead and buy my own. Since I had just been officially diagnosed with lupus and RA I needed to get one that would remind me that I am the only one who can limit myself. So I ordered the hangar that says “Never limit your challenges, Challenge your limits” When it came in I was sick, but I still jumped out of bed to hang it up. Low and behold it got very full, very fast! So I decided to order another one. I contacted Joel at Allied and told him what I wanted (a butterfly on one end for lupus and a ribbon on the end for both lupus and RA). He sent me one image and it was a little bigger than I was looking for. So he revamped it for me. Again, sent me the image. It was perfect! At the end of February I ordered it. Well... it came in yesterday! I opened the box and the image did it no justice! I haven’t been able to hang it up yet (I had class and I wasn’t going to use a drill at 9pm at night!). I am hoping to get my new hangar up tonight and start moving some medals onto it. And yes, I have pictures of dragons swimming, biking and running hanging up on my wall! (pictures will follow when the new hangar is up and being loaded!)

No comments:

Post a Comment