"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Another two bite the dust

My grades for last quarter were finally posted and YAY! I passed my 3D modeling class (and my professional writing class). The funny thing is my GPA is a LOT higher now than it was in high school and I freak out at the end of every class and realisticallyI have only almost failed one class (it might have something to do with Cuervo being hospitalized and then shortly thereafter me getting hospitalized [different kind of hospital] in the same quarter and this prof was a dick and would not permit me to turn in the work I missed while I was in the hospital). I have two projects in the 3D modeling class I need to resubmit once they are fixed and they will bring my grade up even more, YAY! Next quarter Public Speaking and Ethics, YUCK!

This is recovery week, so yesterday I decided to recover! We ran a few errands before going, plopped our butts in front of the TV and ate dinner and then off to bed. There was no run group, there was no swimming. I didn’t feel like it so I didn’t do it! Today on the other hand (still recovery week) I got a good 4 mile run in during lunch. Tonight is Weight Watchers night so I am contemplating playing in the pool for a little while before heading to the weigh in.

Here is to another quarter down!

No comments:

Post a Comment